Are you looking to improve your marketing effectiveness? if you’re experiencing stagnant growth, especially in terms of new leads, take a look at this list of tactics that we’ve compiled. Incorporating one or more of these tactics should improve your marketing effectiveness. If you have questions or want to learn more about how these tactics work, feel free to contact us. We’re here to help.
First, Strengthen Your Brand Positioning
Positioning is what comes to mind when a prospect thinks of your company and includes benefits and points of differentiation. We asked why a prospect should choose your company over a competitor. This should result in several strong positioning statements that can be used in your marketing material.
Next, Update Your Website
Many people assume that a website’s purpose is to get new clients. Yet, 90% of consumers visit a website for the first time for reasons other than buying.
So, what is the job of a company website? It’s to increase WTP or ‘willingness to pay.’
This means guiding an end-to-end elegant customer journey, where the role of the website content strategy is to increase somebody’s trust and likability until they are ready to pay.
Create Compelling Content
Useful content should be at the core of your marketing. Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action. Instead of pitching your products or services, you are providing truly relevant and useful content to your prospects and customers to help them solve their issues.
One of the most effective tactics for generating more B2B awareness and leads is LinkedIn. With over 500 million users, there’s tremendous potential to connect with prospects. Many companies and individuals aren’t tapping into the potential of LinkedIn. Here are some steps to start using LinkedIn more effectively.
- Identify your target personas
- Optimize your profile
- Demonstrate expertise
- Build trust
- Offer value
- Stay persistent
Google Ads is an online advertising platform where companies (advertisers) bid to display their ads, service offerings, product listings, or videos to web users. Ads appear both in the results of search engines and on non-search websites, mobile apps, and videos which are part of Google’s Display Network.
- This is the quickest way to generate traffic to your website
- Can be geographically targeted
- The advertiser has control over bid price and daily budget
- Ads can be expensive to display on the first page of search results–especially for competitive search topics. Contact us and we can give you the bid costs for your specific industry.
- Lower quality traffic compared to organic (non-paid) search
Google My Business (Local) Listing
This is a free service offered by Google that enables companies to connect with customers and prospects, post updates, list products and services, accept online orders, and much more. A big advantage of a top-three ranking is the visibility of the local listings as they are prominently displayed at the top of the search results page. This is a perfect tactic for companies focusing on local markets.
Organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Organic SEO refers to obtaining a natural placement and getting results that are done through various proven strategies such as optimizing the web page by writing high-quality and highly-relevant content, boosting keywords, incorporating meta tags, and backlinking.
Organic SEO tends to produce higher quality traffic and good long-standing rankings. Plus much of the content generated is considered evergreen (continually relevant).
On this search results page below you can see our client holds the #1 position in all three areas—Adwords, Local/MyBusiness, and Organic Search.
Retargeting (Remarketing) Ad Campaign
When users visit your website, usually only a very small percentage actually completes your desired conversion. This can be due to a variety of reasons ranging from anything as large as customers wanting more research before committing to a purchase to as small as not finding the exact product that they had in mind.
Remarketing is a feature that lets you customize your display ads campaign for people who have previously visited your site, and tailor your ads to these visitors when they browse the web. Remarketing ads are an inexpensive way to drive traffic to your website, however, the quality of the traffic can be less than ideal, which is why it’s imperative to track conversions to make sure you’re achieving a positive ROI.
Email marketing is targeted, inexpensive, and is the best marketing tactic to keep you top of mind.
We recommend sending relevant, helpful, and timely content via email at least once a month, preferably 2-4 times per month. For more information on how to create successful email campaigns, check out our blog article: Email Marketing Strategy and Tips for Successful Campaigns
Let’s not forget this “Old-School” tactic which can be a very effective part of your marketing strategy.
Direct mail has many advantages including:
- Highly targeted. Every direct mail campaign has great targeting options. You can adjust messages for a specific audience, from loyal customers to new prospects. Thus, customers receive only offers that meet their individual needs or buying habits.
- Personalized. Each letter can contain personalized information. Using the database it is easy to find out customers’ needs by analyzing their previous history of purchases. This way we alter the message and it can certainly appeal to each person individually.
- Physical format. Above all, mail is tangible. Since customers are getting mail directly the chances to receive the message is higher. Moreover, when customers receive a physical copy they are more likely to view its content as reliable.
- Range of formats. Such a form of communication provides a wide variety of formats, from postcards to leaflets, to catalogs and magazines.
- Easily measured. Each mail can contain a traceable code that customers will redeem upon the purchase. Furthermore, the results will be collected and will reveal the success of the campaign.
- Cost-effective. Printing is in-exensive and with a compelling message, professional design, and targeted mailing list, you can be confident your campaign will be successful.
- Proven track record. Over time direct mail has proven its efficiency. Because this technique has been used widely and over a long time, the data of successful campaigns prove its potential. The average response rate of direct mail is 4%, compared to the email response rate of 0.12%. As a result, direct mail offers a negligible cost with a reliable return.
The key to effective marketing is implementing a marketing strategy that includes the right marketing mix of marketing tactics. The above tactics have proven to be effective for many of our clients and our hope is that you will find them effective as well.